UPDATE: Rick’s Talladega was a no sale with a high bid of $90,000. The car remains available.
Sometime ago Rick Stanton made the decision that it was time to part with his prized build. His 1969 Talladega tribute to Benny Parsons and powered by a Boss 429 has been to many of our events. Hod Rod magazine did a feature article on the car. It is now going to auction at the Las Vegas MECUM Auction on Saturday October 9, 2021. It will be one of the Star cars on Saturday. The car will have a reserve but the extra parts will be included if the buyer wants them. This is one top of the line, fast real deal Talladega. I have known Rick and this car for years. I can testify that it is a first class build. If Hot Rod makes it a Feature Car, you know it is done right.
We hope someone in our group is the high bidder on this car. If not, we will miss seeing it at our future events. No matter how many times I see it, and hear it, I want more!
Here is what Rick has to say about the car:
-The car is Registered and Insured.
-The Talladega has always been in California and is rust free. It was just recently moved to Colorado and is always garaged.
-I recently went through the car, built a new engine making 870 hp @ 6,500 rpm , 809 lb. ft. of Torque @ 4,500 rpm, idles @ 1,000 rpm, it is very steetable.
-This Engine is all 1969 Ford Engine pieces except the rods which are Eagles with L19 Cap Screw Bolts.
-This Engine has all the Magnesium Dry Sump parts including David Pearson Magnesium Valve Covers, NASCAR Magnesium Spyder Intake, & spare Dry Sump parts go with the car as well as the Torque Box Intake.
-New Mcleod Dual Disc Clutch, re-Jet Coated the Headers & Side Pipes. I have about 16 Nascar wheels & tires that will go with the car, both Nascar tires and treaded tires, some new, never on the ground with stickers still on them.
-I also have lots of trim pieces, interior & exterior, spare Dash with Gauges & rear Glass.
-The car is about 95% correct for a 1969 NASCAR Talladega.
–Rick states he could not duplicate this Engine today for $100,000 as the original parts are unobtainable. All the parts used are 1969 Nascar parts.
The radiator has been autographed by many famous Ford related heros. Here are a few of the Signature names.
Cale Yarborough, Junior Johnson, David Pearson, Jack Roush, Bill Holbrock, Charlie Gray, Slick Owens, Charlie Glotzbach, Ben Arnold, Bud Moore, Steve Parsons, Terri Parsons, Rex White, Lee Holman, John Bach, Cotton Owens. Rick has pictures of each person signing the Radiator and the date they signed it.
If you want to know more about this car prior to the auction contact Rick directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Car is currently located in Loveland, CO
Rick also has a NOS Magnesium Dry Sump Oil Pan for a Nascar 426 Hemi with the Scavenge pump in the pan for sale.
- Factory Torino Talledega, one of only 750 produced in 1969
- Magnesium intake manifold
- Magnesium valve covers, the actual set from David Pearson’s Race Car
- Magnesium dry sump oil pan
- Radiator has 17 signatures including Jack Roush, Junior Johnson, Bill Holbrook, Henry Ford III, David Pearson, Cale Yarborough and more
- The buyer will receive a book with a history of each person who signed the
- Radiator along with a picture of them signing the radiator (where applicable)
- Restored in Benny Parsons tribute livery
- Displayed at Parsons’ Estate and Winery
- Featured in December 2007 issue of Hot Rod Magazine as well as many other magazines
- One of only 6 cars nationwide to be personally invited to Carroll Shelby’s American Racing Museum to compete in the Dyno Wars
- Been on such tracks as Talladega Superspeedway, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Willow Springs Raceway, Milwaukee Mile Speedway, St. Louis Gateway Speedway and was even part of the Official NASCAR Parade lap at Talladega
- Street legal and track ready
- 870 HP at 6,500 RPM and 809 lb-ft of torque at 4,500 RPM