If you want to attend this year’s Reunion and you want to save some money you better hurry. The host hotel can only give you the special rate if you register with them prior to midnight Wednesday July 20th! Click Here to make your Reservation NOW! You will save money.
We are just a couple of weeks away from the 2016 Talladega Spoiler Reunion in Murfreesboro TN. Katrina and I are anxiously looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. We have several new people who have said they are going to attend. It is terrific to see our Talladega Spoiler Family is growing! Remember, we would like for you to drive your car but if it is too much trouble or it is not yet road worth bring your daily driver! If your car is rusty or project car it too is welcome. These events are for the people first and the cars second. It is a good time to ask restoration or modification questions and see up close other cars that you will never see in your local area! Show cars, modified cars and drivers are all welcome.
If you are interested in Ford Aero Cars and don’t own one you are still welcome.
The schedule is still changing as I write this but here is what we have in the works.
- A tour of a very large prestigious private car collection.
- Tour our collection of Ford and Mercury Aero Cars that include Talladega, Spoiler and Spoiler II cars!
- Meet and talk with Kenny Troutt, crew member of 1970 NASCAR Championship Winning Team of Bobby Issac. He also spent time at Holman and Moody as well as other big names.
- Slow driving tour to a Moonshine Still. (with tasting and lunch)
- Private Aero car show at our home along with catered meal free to all Registered attendees.
- Drive-In Movie night, this will be really different and fun.
- Restoration Workshop discussion.
- Aero Car videos.
- Tour our Miniature Donkey Ranch and play with some of the babies.
- Free trailer parking if you want to stay longer and visit Nashville. recently voted the 5th best tourist destination in the US. (San Francisco is 6th!)
Many of our cars were actually used to deliver illegal Moonshine back in the day! What better way to kick off our Reunion then to make a visit to a real Moonshine distillery and sample a little brew! You have to try the Apple Pie Shine!! I recently did a test run on our route to Short Mountain Distillery and brought back some great Moonshine and some pictures to share with you. The route will take 45 minutes give or take and is a very scenic easy drive on two lane highways. The drive will be fast enough to keep you cool with your windows down but slow enough to be safe and doable for any car. You can squint your eyes roll down the windows and almost here the sound of roaring engines echoing off the hills with the sound of sirens attempting to stop a load of shine from reaching its destination in Chattanooga!
If you have not done so, please let me know you will attend and make your reservations at the hotel. There is no cost for the Reunion or the meal at our house. However, you may have a cost at Short Mountain if you want to take the tour which is optional. More information on the other activities will be given as soon as they are confirmed which hopefully will be early next week. I will be providing maps and schedules to all attendees. If you are one of our Team Members and want to spend a little extra time in nearby Nashville we are happy to store your trailer on our property at no cost for up to a week prior to or after the Reunion, space permitted and you must reserve it a head of time.
Tom Wilson will be attending and if you want him to “stamp out” some patch panels for your Cyclone and you let him know in time he will deliver them at the Reunion. I will give more details on this in a couple of days. He is now working on lower quarter panels for Cyclones with more to come!