Here are some Hot Updates on what is happening that might interest you!
- Mike Callahan (owns the black Spoiler II that drove to, ran at, and dove home from Bonneville) notified me that next week he will again be driving the Spoiler II back out to the Salt Flats to try and better his previous 154 mph top speed. You might remember that two years ago he had a lot of heat/fuel issues on the way caused by lower octane and increased alcohol in the gas and altitude. Since then he has upgraded the cooling system, fuel and exhaust system to correct the problems. This year he is running the same drive train but with open exhaust and some aero changes. We all wish you luck an keep us all up to date on you progress Mike.
- If you are interested in having a 50th Aero Car Anniversary Calendar in 2019 I must have some great photos no later than October 1, 2019. Any photo related to 1969 Aero Ford or Mercury cars is acceptable for consideration. Photos must be originals that you have permission to use. Submitting them to us is a statement of permission to use in anyway we choose. Photos of cars in junk yards, barn finds, race cars, customized vintage cars, drivers, show cars even cars in the show room in 1969, a delivery semi with a load of cars or use your imagination. Submit all photos by email to email@example.com. Please submit high resolution JPG images.
- Remember, there is no 2018 Talladega Spoiler Family Reunion this year or in 2019. We will be participating in the Tim Wellborn 50th Aero Car Anniversary at Talladega in 2019. We will give you information on it as soon as we know anything. We do know it will be the same time as the fall 2019 Talladega Race, October 12 & 13, 2019. Tim usually has his event on Friday and Saturday before the race on Sunday.
- Our Talladega Family Reunion will return in 2020 in conjunction with the Winged Warriors and Daytona Superbird Club’s events. We will be hosting this large event at our home and surrounding facilities in Murfreesboro, TN. No details or schedule is yet planned but will likely be late September.
- If you are interested in how the Evernham Talladega did at the RM Sothbey’s Auction over the Labor Day weekend, Click Here.