This is one event you must put on your to do list if you are an Aero Car owner.
We just received our newsletter from Doug Schellinger at the Daytona-Superbird Auto Club and the 45th Aero Car Reunion (for 1969 Ford Talladega, Mercury Cyclone Spoiler and Spoiler II, Dodge Daytona and 1970 Plymouth Superbird cars) is scheduled for Thursday October 16th thru Sunday October 19th at and around the Talladega Speedway. This is the weekend of the big Talladega NASCAR race. This event is put on by the Daytona-Superbird Auto Club (accepts the Fords and Mercs) and the Winged Warriors (for 1962-1974 “B” body Mopars).
This should be a great event for Members of these Clubs. If you would like to attend please contact Doug Schellinger at email@example.com or call 414-687-2489. Here is the info Doug has supplied to date.
- Thursday, October 16th: Morning track laps at Atlanta Motor Speedway. These will be similar to the highway speed laps at the Monster Mopar. Plan on staying in Atlanta Wednesday night. Convoy to Alexander City, AL in the afternoon. Trunk swap meet in the evening. Hotel info to come.
- Friday, October 17th: Gathering at Wellborn home in afternoon and evening. There will be a barbecue and party in the evening.
- Saturday, October 18th: Gathering at the Wellborn Muscle Car Museum.
- Sunday October 19th: Convoy and Parade lap before the Geico 500 race at Talladega.
- Hotel Info: Call or go online to make a reservation. There are no room blocks. Here are the four recommended hotels in Alexander City. All of these are close together. We will fill them all.
- Baymont Inn (formerly the Jameson Inn) 256-234-7099
- Hampton Inn 256-234-2244
- Best Western 256-234-6311
- Holiday Inn Express 256-234-5900
- The one hotel in town to avoid from past experience is the Royal inn.
No additional information or costs are available at this time.
Here are a couple of photos from the 40th Reunion.